Eee PC keyboard

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:24:38 BST 2008

Hi Guys

I seem to have 2 dead keys on my keyboard on the Eee PC. They are the tilde
key next to the esc key and the key with the pipe character above the enter
key. I'm gathering this is likely a prob with the keyboard layout. The device
manager on gutsy lists the keyboard as an IBM Enhanced (101/102 key  PS2
mouse support). Anyone have these keys working? The only way I've been able
to get around this so far is to plug an external keyboard or to use character
map. I don't mind saying that not being able to type the pipe char gets a lil
frustrating as a programmer. Any ideas as to how I might regain the use of
these keys?

James