Using Ubuntu

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 12:02:11 BST 2008

>  I wasn't able to work out how to start Firefox already on full screen
>  (it appears you have to start it then press F11) and I haven't yet
>  worked out how to get Firefox to 'jump' to the next headline using
>  keyboard combinations.  I thought I'd try some other browsers to see if
>  any of the others worked in a better way.
>
>  Any suggestion on how to make this an even better experience for him
>  would be most welcomed!
>

>  I hope someone finds this useful.
>
>  Greg.

Hey,
  Sounds like you've done a great job!
  For the full screen and keyboard issue: I think you may have some
success using the Opera Browser's kiosk mode, especially if it is to
be a news 'appliance' as it makes it easy to start and (more)
difficult to break. It also has simple/powerful keyboard navigation
built in as well.
  Check out  http://www.opera.com/support/mastering/kiosk/
  and  http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/nomouse/

cheers,