Monitor problem

ishwor ishwor at tpg.com.au
Fri Jul 4 08:07:33 BST 2008

Hi Wassermans,

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 04:07:29 pm Kim Hawtin wrote:
> Hi Dave,

[ ... ]

> The windows 'driver' is mainly to give hints to the video card about
> which screen resolutions to run, which are native and what gamma modes
> and colour correction is supported. Mainly so the user doesn't need
> to fiddle with them.
>
> Most of these options in Linux/xorg are configurable, however I'm not
> sure if these are changeable from the GUI.

Just to add to the OP:
GUI - Graphical User Interface; Software interface to make it
clicky-here-clicky-there so that it's easier+(non-cumbersome) for users who
do not want to get their hands dirty. :)

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Samsung+SyncMaster+205bw+Ubuntu and take a
read through http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?p=5098246

Hope that helps bud.

cheers dude.