broadband with linux mirror

Dave Hall ubuntu at skwashd.com
Tue Jul 1 01:03:35 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 09:50 +1000, Sebastian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently moved and now I have to look into a new broadband connection.
> Until now I was with AAPT but I consider a new carrier.
>
> Which ISPs can you recommend in the Sydney area who have a not counted
> Linux mirror for updates?
> I know of iinet and internode but are there more or even better one?

better than internode? Anyone who tells you there is such a thing is
lying ;)

> I thought as well about naked DSL as we do not many local calls, if
> only to calling card services for over seas.
> By now I have a alder netgear router, am I correct that I can't use
> this one for ADSL +2 or even VoIP?

It depends on the model.  I personally like Billion kit.  Internode can
sell you a preconfigured Billion "it does everything" modem+router, with
an extended warranty or you can buy one more cheaply and configure it
yourself - use staticice.com.au for pricing info once you have picked a
model.

Cheers

Dave