Ipod support in Gutsy.

Karl Goetz karl at kgoetz.id.au
Wed Jan 23 10:33:10 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 20:26 +1030, Junin Toiro wrote:
> Hi there peoples,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone can offer personal experience with using
> ipods with Gutsy. I did a little research a while ago on the subject
> but never found anything I was entirely happy with in regard to
> completely replacing iTunes as far as functionality goes with the
> ipod.

what functionality do you need? if you dont refine it a bit, you'll get
lots of random responces which dont do close to what you want :)

> I'd appreciate it if anyone could offer their opinions on the matter.

iirc libpod (or whatever its called) in gutsy is to old to handle the
newest ipods, so if its one of those your job just got harder.

>  I'm essentially looking for something that can handle music, video,
> podcasts the whole shebang. So far I've not been able to find one app
> that can do the lot, rather 3-4 apps together which can get a tad
> tedious.

does that kde music player thingy do video? i thought it did $lots.

> Also, if anyone knows of a reliable app that can convert to ipod video
> I'd be interested in that to. I find myself resorting to Windows far

what is ipod video (format, resolution etc)?
kk

--
Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au>