Ipod support in Gutsy.

Andy Goh (hantu) hantuvii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:09:57 GMT 2008

G'day

I've used gtkpod with ipod before, but can't say I have "personal
experience" using ipods with Gutsy in particular. Try rhythmbox too, I've
heard good things about it (note: I've not used it myself)

The reason I don't use ipods with linux is that my linux laptop's for work,
I still do my ipod syncing and stuffs on Windows (and/or Mac)

I'd like to hear about what you find out about this tho, cheers.

On Jan 23, 2008 8:56 PM, Junin Toiro <junin.toiro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there peoples,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone can offer personal experience with using
> ipods with Gutsy. I did a little research a while ago on the subject but
> never found anything I was entirely happy with in regard to completely
> replacing iTunes as far as functionality goes with the ipod.
> I'd appreciate it if anyone could offer their opinions on the matter. I'm
> essentially looking for something that can handle music, video, podcasts the
> whole shebang. So far I've not been able to find one app that can do the
> lot, rather 3-4 apps together which can get a tad tedious.
>
> Also, if anyone knows of a reliable app that can convert to ipod video I'd
> be interested in that to. I find myself resorting to Windows far to much.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Sam Jackson / Nandemonai / Junin Toiro
> Rendai Media - http://rendai.homeunix.net