[Fwd: Re: another Lenovo 3000 N200 problem]

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 29 12:42:04 GMT 2008

--------

Gordon Loughnan wrote:
> I have the same model that installed without a problem except that both
> Windows Vista and Ubuntu no longer recognise my DVD-rom.
> Lenovo suggested taking it back to the factory default settings which
> gave me back my dvd-rom but again on installing Ubuntu it is lost.
> I have taken it back to the factory default again (Vista)
> Anyone with any ideas on this one.

Hi,
managed to get Ubuntu 7.04 installed with gparted live CD, Deleted
partitions, and made an ext2.
I didn't get a Vista CD, now I have same problem, no CD recognized.

squareyes at squareyes-laptop:~$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ ls
cdrom  cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$

Both cdrom and cdrom0 showing, but contents of cdrom drive not showing.
Likewise, any ideas most appreciated

Take Care
Winton