f-spot and the tags, will it get messy

Sebastian Spiess sebastian.spiess at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 11:37:10 GMT 2008

Hi all,

lately I was playing with fspot and a couple of pictures from two or tree events.

I started tagging the pictures.

People > Family > Brother
People > Family > Sister
People > Friends ...
Places > AUstralia > ...Uluru
Places > Germany > ...
Events > holiday 1
Events > holiday 2
other > ugly people
other > cows

and so on

for 160 photos I created around 20 tags...

Then I thought about my other more than  10000 photos and all the tags they will need.
Of course I know that the tags will grow slower by time but even now all my tags wont fit onto one screen height.

So what is your experience with tags, with many of them?
How do you guys organise/structure you tas? any thoughts?
which struckture is not good, hard to scale....

Cheers,
seb