ubuntu 6.10 login and password

Dale quail.linux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:19:58 GMT 2008

Hi Pat,

If you press 'Esc' as the computer is going through 'grub' you'll get
a kernel selection to boot into, choose the 'recovery' kernel. This
will boot you into 'root' user in terminal mode.

at the prompt type 'passwd <user>' and press enter.  This will allow
you to change your password to your user account.

After you have done that type 'shutdown -r now' this will reboot the
computer for you and just let it run through so you can login
normally.

Regards
Dale