Internet Connection

Rapael Morcha raphael.morcha at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 06:24:34 BST 2007

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 08:16:31AM +1000, Dean wrote:
> Is there anyone else out there that has upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10 and
> lost there internet connection
> I run a Dlink 502t router which worked great under 7.04 but nadda under
> 7.10 everything is in order according to the
> network tools but i cant use email or the web ftp or anything I have a
> server assigned address and havent altered anything on the router do i
> have to allow somewhere for firefox(ubuntu gnome ver) and thunderbird
> access to the net am lost any thoughts
> Dean

Hi Dean,

Check your /etc/resolv.conf and see if it has nameserver entries. You'd need these so that any of you applications that need to access internet and resolve hostnames (e.g., www.google.com) to IP address (74.125.19.147) can do so by accessing those entries.

nameserver x.x.x.x
nameserver x.x.x.x

OR

nameserver your.routers.ip.address

Make sure you also get valid IP address from the router using dhclient.
$ dhclient eth0

--
Cheers,
Raphael.