Alternatives to Amarok?

Matthew Vermeulen mattvermeulen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:45:14 GMT 2007

Hi Norman

I was wondering whether there's a suitable alternative to my favourite music
> player, Amarok. Is there any other music player out there which can use
> MySQL (or PostgreSQL) as its collection database ? SQLite isn't as viable an
> option for me, because any program using it (such as Exaile) maxes my CPU to
> 100%, and my music collection is 50 000+ tracks.
>
> I know banshee (http://www.banshee-project.org/) uses SQLite... however,
the current trunk, which is not really usable at the moment, but is under
heavy development, has been tested to perform fast under 1 000 000+ songs..
so that's something you may be interested in once that's moved to stable.
Other than that, I can't help too much...

--
Matthew Vermeulen
http://www.matthewv.id.au/