Suggestions for wireless internet while travelling?

Dave Hall ubuntu at skwashd.com
Wed Nov 7 03:34:14 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:36 +1100, James Dumay wrote:
> I have a 3netconnect card. Seems to work at pretty high speed in metro
> areas but will back on to GPRS/Edge when out in the sticks.
>
> Go check it out - both the PC Express card and usb models work under
> linux.

I have a 3netconnect card, but I use it with Virgin Mobile now that its
unlocked.  3 will charge you a fortune for using the card outside of the
"3 broadband zone" (aka limited parts of metro areas).

It is a case of fast, good coverage, value for money - pick 2.
Currently telstra is the best option for mobile data if you want to use
it outside of the major metro areas.  Pity their map viewer doesn't work
with anything other than IE.

Cheers

Dave