Connect phone to Telstra NextG using Ubuntu?

Karl Bowden karlbowden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 12:18:58 GMT 2007

Ok, I can confirm that this does work on my nokia 6110 with optus.
For optus the only thing I had to change was the reference to
"telstra.internet" to just "internet" in /etc/opt/bigpond-connect

The only difference between connecting with my nokia was changing the
bluetooth mac address and channel in the rfcomm line.

I have created a second set of connect script's for connecting with my
optus phone and now have both options in NetworkManager. Quite chuffed
I am.

Karl