Connect phone to Telstra NextG using Ubuntu?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:18:12 GMT 2007

On 11/1/07, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does Ubuntu 7.10 support Dial Up Networking over BT?  I.e. the DUN profile?

Just to follow up on this.

Last night I got my laptop to connect to my Windows Mobile 6 JasJam
using the PAN bluetooth profile.

Windows Mobile 6 includes an internet sharing application, which
basically sets up a PAN server that clients connect to.  I connected
to it quite easily (though it was command line) and then
NetworkManager has the new interface listed.  I simply switched to
that interface manually (perhaps it would be automated if my WiFi
signal had dissappeared???) and I was surfing through my phone.

It would be good to setup the above to be a little more GUI based.
The current bluetooth applet, whilst good, is a little confusing to
me.

Not sure if the above is of any use to people who don't have Windows
Mobile 6 phones!!!

Cheers,
Whytey