printers

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:42:31 GMT 2007

On 11/1/07, david <daljo at gotalk.net.au> wrote:
> hello all
> I need a new printer. Im running Gutsy has anyone bought or installed a
> recently released printer successfully on Gutsy.
> or any suggestions of the best brand model etc
>  I just want the basics it seems like most come with scanner as well.
>  I bought one yesterday for $75  cannon PIXMA MP210 it looked good but
> there are no successful drivers as yet so Im taking it back.
> Thanks David

I use a Brother MFC-620CN network printer.  Brother have a linux
driver download site, but it was found by gutsy all by itself.  I
haven't tried the scanner or anything under linux, but for network
printing, it is great.  (Oh and the network scanner works great under
Windows too).

It is a little old now, but the newer models are probably the same.
Brother is cheap too.