ubuntu-au Digest, Vol 15, Issue 23

Damian Nolan djnolz at aapt.net.au
Wed May 30 03:23:48 BST 2007

Tom Schinckel wrote:
Very unlikely within less than 1-2 years.

However, I assume that the Dell models over there will be the same as
here down under, so hopefully dell will create a driver download so that
us Aussies can buy a regular Dell and install Ubuntu on it, hassle free.

We could even hope for a Windows refund...

~ tom

I have heard that some consumers have been successful in getting a refund on
thier windows product after getting it bundled with thier new laptop. This
happened in Germany, but I dont see any reason why it couldnt happen here. (it
only took the guy two meails for it to come to fruition!)
Here is the link, as preported by Linux format magazine:
http://linuxformat.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=516&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Cheers

Damian Nolan