Network problems

Rapael Morcha raphael.morcha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:48:42 BST 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:07:34PM +0800, Rand Al Thor wrote:

> <you may get this twice, the last message was too big ,an awaits review by a moderator>
>  And im back again. =D Alright heres the output of the commands I could get. ipconfig

It's "ifconfig" and not "ipconfig".

> $ more /etc/network/interfaces
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback

Insert this in your /etc/network/interfaces after the above lines
I am assuming eth0 is your gateway interface (means all the data passes
through this device).

iface dsl-provider inet ppp
provider dsl-provider

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.1.1.2 (if it's a 192.x.x.x replace it appropriately)
netmask 255.0.0.0 (similar)
broadcast 10.255.255.255 (similar here)
gateway 10.1.1.1 (your 192.x.x.x gateway here)

@@@@@@ Delete this entry as we have already entered above @@@@@
> iface eth0 inet dhcp

> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
>
> auto eth2
> iface eth2 inet dhcp
>
> auto ath0
> iface ath0 inet dhcp
>
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp

Save file, exit.

$ sudo touch /etc/resolv.conf; then enter your ISP Namserver (Primary
and Secondary DNS) addresses.

mine's -
$ more /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 203.x.x.1