Gnome Weather Applet

Mark M Lambert mark+linux.ubuntu at marklambert.net
Tue Jul 3 14:19:35 BST 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:02:19 +1000, "Andre Mangan"
<andremangan at gmail.com> said:
> The Williamtown entry in the Gnome 'Weather Preferences - Location'
> has never functioned on my installation of 6.06.  It did not do so
> in 5.10,
> 6.06,
> 6.10 nor 7.04.  I have altered the given co-ordinates via the
>   Configuration Editor as well as changing the IDN.  All to no avail.
>
> I currently use a bookmark shortcut to Hunter Weather from BoM (Bureau
> of Meteorology).
>
> In the Gnome weather applet, the forecast for Sydney works but for me
> is irrelevant.
>
> The co-ordinates that I am using for Williamtown are - 32-79S 151-84E.
> Though I have checked these, perhaps I got it wrong.  The IDN used is
> 1006004.
>
> Could someone please shed some light on this puzzle?
>
> Cheers, Andre

Andre,

Have a look at http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN10060.txt
... this is the info loaded by Gnome weather for IDN 10060, it contains
forecasts for all NSW districts. If you try to access
http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDN1006003.txt you will get a page not found
error .. so there is no way to load a page for each individual district.
So quick suggestion - change IDN to 10060

Cheers
Mark
--

<mark at marklambert.net>