Ubuntu Switch Disk

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:37:58 GMT 2007

Greetings,

> here the ideas my friend and i have been having on this.
>
> it ask the user what email and web browser they use.
> then ask where the files they want to keep are.
> then copy those files into the new linux install and import the bookmarks and
> email archives and their documents and what ever else.
>
> i think it would work best if it was run from the new linux install.
> that way you wouldn't need to back up their potentially enormous amounts of
> data.

Another suggestion.. set it up as a 'backup/restore' disk..which can
query the running
Vista/XP system and build a profile for the user(s) and with their
data burn it onto CD/DVD's if they want.  Set it up to reimport their
settings into Vista/XP if they want, but since we now have collected
the information, it can be used to build a Ubuntu box with the same
information.