using linux based ftp for file transfer

Andrew Swinn andrew at swinndesign.com
Tue Jan 2 02:24:39 GMT 2007

Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:22:12 +1100
> Andrew Swinn <andrew at swinndesign.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>>   > You should *never* need to do that. If this happens (menu items that
<snip>
> I don't think Jeff is saying that the *method* itself is bad - just that it
> should not be necessary to kill/restart gnome-panel for the menu entries
> to show up - therefore it's a bug in the program you are installing ( or
> the "package"  you are installing, I guess )
>
> Peter

Yeah, I think I read Jeffs post a bit quickly and interpreted it as 'You
should *never* do that'. I had replied before I realised.

I am in the process on doing a nice clean installation. I will keep an
eye out for offending pieces of software and bug report accordingly.

Cheers,

Andrew Swinn (Phlosten)