my broken (buggy ?) "powernowd". Could this happen to you

Anthony J Brow tbrow at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 17 11:51:38 BST 2007

Hi all you Ununtaires,

Thanks to Moshi first of all to give me a possible solution ( hope to
play with it this weekend). However, reading  about the amounts of
troubles with this problem, please look at this address that Moshi so
kindly supplied:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3134000&postcount=544

I have to start wondering why the people running Ubuntu in the States or
England, don't bring out an official fix or update via the 'Update
Manager' ?? If it is really a bug as Moshi suggested, should the crowd
running Ubuntu  not bring out a permanent fix. I read that people who
tried to re-install Feisty, could not fix the problem this way. And what
is more, if one decided to persist running Feisty like I do at present
with repeated rebooting, and THEN in October install Gutsy Gibbon, will
the bug be transferred from feisty to the Gibbon.

Then after all, will the reason for this problem ever be found ? And
finally, if this IS a bug, should I report it ??

regards

--
Anthony J Brow <tbrow at tpg.com.au>