proxy q

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 17 01:30:51 BST 2007

I run both transparent and traditional squid-proxies at several sites I
manage, and thus far none of them have caused problems with apt-get.

I use "heap LFUDA" (Least Frequently Used with Dynamic Aging) as my
preferred cache replacement policy, and the dynamic aging ensures that
stale information is purged when appropriate.  I don't like squid's
default lru (least recently used).

-Dan