Thoughts after doing a dual boot install

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 23 01:37:55 BST 2007

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:57:18 +0930
mike james <michael.james at flinders.edu.au> wrote:

> Whilst I havent seen the current Feisty installer, I generally agree,
> but believe that if this is to be changed then it needs to recognise
> that people are currently wanting to dual boot with windows. eg
>
> 1 - Install ubuntu only (to delete everything else)
> 2 - Install ubuntu alongside windows (to dual boot with existing windows
> install)
> 3 - partition manually (advanced configuration)
>
> Otherwise your just skirting around the issue to avoid the politics. If
> a direct solution cannot be used for political reasons then the existing
> system is fine.

I don't disagree - but just wanted to point out that dual boot with
windows is not the only case. For example until recently I had a dual boot
with Mac OS-X on my iBook ( now it is  100 % Ubuntu 7.04  :)  )

Many people ( including me)  also dual boot ( or multi boot ) versions of
Linux, BSD etc. For example, I currently have Dapper and Feisty on this
machine.

So, I don't think the wording avoids the "W" word for political reasons :-)

Peter