edgy <2.6.19 kernel

Sebastian Spieß sebastian.spiess at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 05:22:56 BST 2007

Hi folks,

running kubuntu (edgy) on my toshiba p100 I am looking for the easiest method to get the latest kernel running to solve
some WLAN and hopefully audio issues as well.

Thing is, Kubuntu doesn't like my (soft)modem and broad band is still a work in progress thing to me.

So I am dependent on my dialup with windows.

My two main questions are:
1) as mentioned in header:
where can I download the latest kernel for my Edgy, I found
http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/base/linux-image-2.6.20-14-386 but this is for feisty.
By now I need to download the deb to my windows and install it then manually but is there a repository which provides up to
date kernels for edgy. thats why I would prefer to download a out of the box deb package by now
(I learned that Canonical only gives sec-updates to the kernel on which the release came with)

2)
I found a huge how to for my model, for gentoo (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Toshiba_Satellite_P100)
but I have no Idea how to transfer the howto do in with gentoo into the "what do I have to do with kubuntu" to make it work.
I would appreciated any help.

happy easter

Sebastian