Lets get the ball rolling again :)

Morgan Storey me at morganstorey.com
Tue Nov 21 06:56:29 GMT 2006

Naaman Campbell wrote:

> I will donate $10 to the sticker cause, if Melissa will match my
> donation.  People expect open source to be free sometimes, my $10 will
> cover the mailing of quite a few stickers.  Allow people to email a
> request for a free set of 4 stickers - that's how even lazy people
> will get Ubuntu stickers.

I got my stickers and I think the donation idea for postage etc is a
good idea. Perhaps an Ubuntu-au bank account needs to be made. I will
donate $50 next pay.

> Donate a small piece of your time to ubuntu-au again - then watch it
> grow organically again to the next level.

On other ideas, I put this forward on the irc one night after I missed
the meeting (again). Computer fairs, surely there is one near almost
everyone on the list, perhaps we can mass copy/order ubuntu dapper/edgy
and distibute at the computer fairs. As well as taking along pc's to
show off its brilliance. I plan on doing it at north rocks markets in
Sydney's north, but I will definitely need a hand, so any offers, my
plan is to do it once a month to begin with.

Another idea I had recently is merchandising. I usually get a couple
pc-related shirts for christmas and this year wanted some Ubuntu
emblazoned ones, only place I have found so far is cafepress.com
can/should we get in on the act or at least point people there. Maybe
get elx in on it. Nothing does better advocacy than people being willing
billboards.

Anyway just thoughts.