Showcasing Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Andrew andrew at swinndesign.com
Sun May 14 01:31:29 BST 2006

Christopher Lees wrote:
> One thing I was impressed with was the ability to install programs and
> apply updates without restarting... pity it's probably not something
> that can be demonstrated, unless you had a small upgradable package that
> you held back?
I may be able to do that, not sure. Atm updates for dapper are usually
popping up that 'restart required' notification, but hopefully that will
end after official release.

I think maybe my best course of action on this is to reinstall my main
machine come official release and setup apt-proxy straight away, then
make note of programs I need to install on top of that. Then I can
connect this other machine over local network and show installation of a
few of those programs.

My other thought was having a copy of the DVD iso. I have not downloaded
this before so I have no idea about how much extra is on the DVD.  Can
anyone tell me whether having the install DVD will give me enough extra
useful packages to install?

At this stage we will be setting up a P3/900 with a clean dapper install
and then showing off various bits and pieces of a clean install. Then
switching to my already install and modifying box to show what is
possible with theming, multimedia, displaying XGL movie, and anything else.

Cheers,

Andrew Swinn (Phlosten)