High Res XGL Video

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:13:26 BST 2006

On 5/12/06, Shane Handley <shane.handley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew, I have an XGL desktop running. I can also record a desktop
> session in full screen, which will come up a treat on a projection.
>
> If you still have some time left, we can go over what sort of effects
> you would like to see, like:
>
> <start>
>     0-10 seconds, show window wobble
>     20-40 seconds, play video in transparent window
> <end>
>
> Or if you trust me, I can just play around with the effects for a while
> and see how it looks :)

I had never seen xgl in action before this discussion started.  I took
a look at the Novell video, which lasts about 11 minutes and is all
over google video (just search for 'xgl').  It shows more than enough
to make me drewl all over my keyboard.  Perhaps you could use that for
ideas in creating your video.

I hope xgl makes it into Edgy Eft without me doing much mucking around :)

Whytey