Formal apology.

Yuki Cuss celtic at sairyx.org
Sat May 6 02:03:05 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 10:52 +1000, Matt Palmer wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:15:11AM +1000, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> > celtic at sairyx.org wrote:
> > >Once the idea for establishing a Web presence for the Australian Team
> > >was formed, our sights were set on obtaining appropriate domains;
> > >ubuntu.com.au was an obvious sight. A short email to Solutions First,
> > >and very simply, the credentials to access the domain's configuration,
> > >and they agreed to keep the renewal fees on their behalf. This is a
> > >credit to the FOSS world, as it has been agreed that they would ensure
> > >their promise in `good faith' - a long-standing policy that I believe
> > >everyone is keen to uphold.
> >
> > I'm glad that up until now Solutions First have been great to deal with
> > and happy to help us out. I'm also glad that they are paying for the
> > renewal fees on the domain, though they could still do this if they were
> > to hand it over to the project too. Again this policy != a signed
> > contract or any other legal standing, and could turn sour for us at the
> > sole discretion of Solutions First.
>
> Even with a signed contract, you still need to go to court to enforce it if
> enforcement is needed.  Far better for everyone to remain on good terms, and
> then legal action wouldn't be needed either way.
>
> > >Some people have disagreed with Sol1 retaining official `ownership' of
> > >the domain. Others have gone so far as to criticise Solutions First of
> > >having ulterior motives for doing this, and for wanting to use the
> > >domain to further their own business ends.
> >
> > We haven't even been able to discuss this in an open manor without being
> > threaten with legal action, whether they are joking or not. Already I am
>
> What was this threat of legal action?  I must have missed it in the hustle
> and the bustle.
>
> - Matt

Here's the relevant section:

13:00:30  <rob> purserj, selling out to MS? I did not accuse him of that
at all thank you very much.
13:00:45  <purserj> < rob> hyperthetical example: Microsoft buys Solutions First. Could happen.
13:01:01  <rob> purserj, you did read that, right?
13:01:07  <davekempe> rob, I find your assertions of my undue influence to be defammatory
13:01:14  <davekempe> i am obtaining legal advice
13:01:29  <rob> go right ahead dave, its petty at most
13:01:49  <davekempe> i was joking :)

 - Yuki.