Windows Free Notebook List

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Mon Jun 19 08:05:01 BST 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 10:20, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com>
wrote:
> I think we are getting close, but we're not quite there yet. The problem
> with the current arrangement is that it still excludes systems that ship
> with another distro or a free OS like FreeDOS.
>
> I believe we should rename the current "Notebooks Without Operating System"
> page to "Community Friendly Notebooks". This is a positive-sounding name
> that does not portray us as being against anything. We can modify the
> structure as follows:
>
> * Introduction
> * Retailers Who Will Supply Notebooks Without Operating System
> * Retailers Who Will Supply Notebooks With a Free Operating System
>   (this includes retailers who ship with another distro or FreeDOS)
> * Retailers Who Will NOT Supply Notebooks Without Proprietary Operating
> System
>
> At the end of all this, we will have two pages: one that is specifically
> pro-Ubuntu, and one that is supportive of the free software community in
> general.

Does anybody have any opinions on my proposal given above? If there are no
objections, I can make the necessary changes myself.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://dhanapalan.webhop.net/yama.asc

"GUI operations are essentially impossible to script. With large numbers of
servers, it is impractical to use the GUI to carry out installation tasks or
regular maintenance tasks. ... Text-based operations are more versatile; an
administrator can usually do more to a system (good and bad) than is provided
by the restricted, planned methods using the GUI."
	- Microsoft, 'Converting a UNIX .COM Site to Windows', 2000-22-08