Windows Free Notebook List

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 10:32:48 BST 2006

Greetings all..

Another suggestion..
How about 'UbuntuFriendlyLaptops' (could also be
CommunityFriendlyLaptops), and we define what we mean including
various categories...

eg.
- Suppliers that will provide Laptops without charging for unwanted
operating systems or software (suitable for installing Ubuntu)
- Suppliers of Laptops with pre-installed, certified and supported Ubuntu.
and
- Suppliers which will sell you a 'standard' Laptop with MS Windows,
but provide you with a 'cashback' for any software you don't use. (Not
sure how many of these there may be, but the Australian Fair Trade
Commission may have something about this.)

[Andrew.. do you wan me to hack this into the Wiki?]

Cheers,
Paul