Problem with installation.

SMOK krakau at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 8 13:49:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to install Ubuntu from downloaded (and subsequently burned) ISO image.
I am getting the following error messages:
[...some big number] Buffer I/O error on device hdc, block ...
I tried to re-burn the image on different burner but it still doesn't work.
What could be wrong.
Is hdc a "hard-drive" or is it "CD-ROM drive"?
I have installed a brand new extra hard-drive for Ubuntu because I want to keep the original hard-drive with Windows XP (you know: the dual-boot trick).
Is that OK?
Windows can't use that new hard-drive, althought it wants to "initialize it".

Please, help.

Cheers,
Robert