Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Dennis Lawrence dennisl at australiamail.com
Sun Aug 20 11:11:07 BST 2006

Hi Guy,
Please forgive me if I am in the wrong area, if that's the case could
you please direct me to the correct one.

I am brand new to Ubuntu, know nothing about Linux, I got a copy of
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS with my September issue of PC World and I would like to
install it, but I don't know how and I can't seem to find the
information that I need, if fact I am scared stiff that I am going to
stuff up my system, so I do need help..

First of all let me tell you about my system and that may help you to
help me. I am running  a Athlon AMD 64 system 3700+ 2.21 GHz with 1 GB
ram. I have 2 x 200GB hard drives. The OS is XP Home (which I am fed up
with)

First off  is it possible to run Ubuntu as a dual boot system with XP
until I get comfortable with it ? if so is there any information
available that will take me through the process step by step ?.

If anyone can help me I would be most grateful.

Thanking you in advance

Kind regards,

dennisl
--
/*Money Talks ...All Mine Ever Say's is*/ /*...GOODBYE*/