activity of local distribution

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 5 03:03:22 BST 2006

<quote who="Peter baker">

> I'm happy to continue with distribution/co-ordination of distribution, but
> I don't have any contacts with anyone in either Linux Aust or ubuntu that
> could help us with money/resources for a ramped up distribution channel
> (this could be a goal for dappers release...)

If we wanted local distribution, it would have to involve a commercial
relationship between Canonical and a professional CD pressing and printing
company. Casual CD mailing is fine (and very handy - thank you!), but much
beyond that would be a far more serious endeavour.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

  "When's the last time you heard of the police having to intervene at an
                   antiquarian book riot?" - Raph Levien