[ubuntu-art] IMPORTANT : Natty illustration wallpaper submissions group

Iain Farrell iain.farrell at canonical.com
Mon Feb 21 11:11:40 UTC 2011

Hey everyone

I just wanted to reiterate what Vish is saying here about keeping the
non photo submissions in the same group as the photo ones. I'll copy in
here what I've posted on the Flickr group page.

Hi everyone

There seems to be some confusion around submissions for Natty. To
reiterate what I wrote above and in the blog post update, we will be
looking at all wallpaper submissions in _this_ group
(http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork/). If you've submitted to
another group we won't see them as part of the judging process.

We have stated that at least three wallpapers will be non photographic
but the wallpapers should be considered as a set and I trust that the
judges will be able to see the difference between a photo and an
illustration and will select wallpaper submissions on their merit as a
suitable background rather than whether they're rendered or a photograph.

Having all the submissions in one group makes it much easier for the
judges. Apologies to anyone who's confused about this process.

The submissions to the other group look great and by all means leave
your entries there too but if you'd like them to be considered as part
of Natty then we'd love to have you submit them here too.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Iain

I've been out of the office for the last few days and looks like it's
been busy on the list so if any of this is unclear or causes undue
concern please do find me on IRC or keep the thread going.

Submissions are looking great and I think we have a strong set coming
together. Thanks again everyone for all your hard work.

Iain

--
Iain Farrell
Project Manager