[ubuntu-art] Owl's ccHost Website

j_baer baerjj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:12:19 BST 2010

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 10:56 -0700, j_baer wrote:
>
>> As I look to our friends at Fedora and openSuse as far as I can tell they
>> still use a Wiki for collaboration. Are we missing something or do they
>> know
>> something we should?
>
> You could ask them ;)
>
> Máirín Duffy from Fedora is or has been looking for something better:
> http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/design-hub-update/
>
> Both projects might be using a wiki without a nasty surge protection?
> Though I doubt they have automatic thumbnail generation or WYSIWYG
> editing (things I see as a must to have more of a tool and less of a
> barrier).
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms
>
> thorwil's design for free software:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

It sounds like most agree the Wiki is not a good solution for our purpose.
The Design Hub which is available from Live Gnome (
http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/DesignHub ) looks
interesting but may require additional development work.

What are the chances we could leverage this effort into our infrastructure
solution? Can we call out for developers? If the answer is no, what other
solution holds the most promise. We have the solution proposed by Martin.

John