[ubuntu-art] Possible tasks

j_baer baerjj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 17:42:44 GMT 2010

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 17:26 -0800, j_baer wrote:
>
>> As we haven't received  a request from the "Ubuntu-Brainstorm" community
>> provide updated artwork I view Thorwil's work ( very nice ) as a
>> proposal.
>>
>> I would love to see this offered to others on the team who may also have
>> good ideas to submit.
>>
>> This is an excellent example of the risk of a proposal as Thorwil's work
>> is
>> dated 07/17/2010 and the site is still unchanged.
>

> There was no request, but it was clear the logo/header would need an
> update to match the new visual identity. As the creator of the current
> solution, I felt responsible.
>
> A slightly refined version of one of the drafts in my blog post has been
> selected and has the approval of Nicolas Deschildre (creator of the
> Brainstorm site) and of Marcus Haslam ("Brand lead", Design Team).
>
> As far as I know, steps have been taking for replacement, but I have no
> clue what is holding this back, still.
>
> While you would love to see this offered to others, it would piss me off
> to no end ;)
> There are enough other tasks, including a complete theme for the
> Brainstorm site. Before tackling that, responsibilities and process
> regarding site updates have to be cleared up. Note that I'm not keen on
> doing the theme, I would be glad if others handled that (except for the
> logo, of course).
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms
>
> thorwil's design for free software:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

Thorsten,

There is no criticism toward you as your submissions and contributions to
the community are always very good.  If Nicolas and Marcus are satisfied (
and I believe they are ) this task is complete and thank you for taking the
initiative.

The team today compared to the team last July is as different as night and
day. I echo your comments about the other tasks at hand as my concern going
forward is there will be too much work.

I must confess working as a team is difficult. There is "pride of ownership"
which must be shared and there is constant change which is sometimes
difficult to accept.

I have no delusions of grandeur and I realize there will be challenges (
viz. wiki ). We must all realize and accept the team is greater than sum of
its members and if it is working correctly any team member may step out or
step in without causing harm to the whole.

In summary there are no bounties to be paid other than personal satisfaction
and recognition for your contributions. I can't help with the first but I'm
working on the later. :-)

All I can say to everyone who contributes is thank you as this is how it
works.

Respectfully,

John