[ubuntu-art] Possible tasks

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Nov 14 10:44:53 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 17:26 -0800, j_baer wrote:

> As we haven't received  a request from the "Ubuntu-Brainstorm" community to
> provide updated artwork I view Thorwil's work ( very nice ) as a proposal.
>
> I would love to see this offered to others on the team who may also have
> good ideas to submit.
>
> This is an excellent example of the risk of a proposal as Thorwil's work is
> dated 07/17/2010 and the site is still unchanged.

There was no request, but it was clear the logo/header would need an
update to match the new visual identity. As the creator of the current
solution, I felt responsible.

A slightly refined version of one of the drafts in my blog post has been
selected and has the approval of Nicolas Deschildre (creator of the
Brainstorm site) and of Marcus Haslam ("Brand lead", Design Team).

As far as I know, steps have been taking for replacement, but I have no
clue what is holding this back, still.

While you would love to see this offered to others, it would piss me off
to no end ;)
There are enough other tasks, including a complete theme for the
Brainstorm site. Before tackling that, responsibilities and process
regarding site updates have to be cleared up. Note that I'm not keen on
doing the theme, I would be glad if others handled that (except for the
logo, of course).

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: