[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Jersey's

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Mar 5 18:04:17 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 09:57 -0500, Trey Ethridge wrote:

> If I don't get any help from the community, I'm going to have to raise
> money and hire a professional artist.  If you have an interest in this
> project, please let me know.

You mentioning the possibility to hire someone makes me less willing to
do it for free.

It's a good thing nobody has been on this, because we only now know of
the new logo and look for Ubuntu. The definite colors are not even
defined/public, there's no vector file of the outlines available.

>         Ubuntu has a unique mascot for each release.  My thought was
>         that we would design a jersey that incorporated the mascots of
>         our releases.

>         The jersey could include the current supported releases or we
>         could try to incorporate them all.

Adding all the mascots would lead to a clusterfuck.

The lynx as a cat could be nice, sporty and all. But would you really
want to tie the jerseys to a specific release? You should open your mind
to simple and abstract designs, it needs to work even though *woosh* ...
there goes the cyclist.

>         I've picked out a company to print our jerseys.  They require
>         that the design be in the SVG format.  Here is a link to the
>         templates that they recommend using when designing.

Strange. I read Illustrator or Corel Draw format.

They require their own logo to be on the artwork. Nasty.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/