[ubuntu-art] How fast does your PC boot? - promotional video ad for Ubuntu

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 17 01:05:57 BST 2010

On Friday, July 16, 2010 06:27:54 pm Goce Mitevski wrote:
> My idea was to get a sense of speed (with the very fast turning Ubuntu
> logo wheel) and associate it with the fast boot times of the latest
> version of Ubuntu. The counter counts 10 seconds which is the time
> that takes Lucid Lynx to boot...

Great stuff.  I think it's amazing and proves that our community can produce
excellent results! I hope it inspires others to contribute to the Ubuntu Free
Culture Showcase as well.

So far the the Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase has received the following
submissions:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork/
has ~900 new photos submitted so far. We received around 1,500 photos for both
the Lucid and Karmic releases. That means we've still got quite a ways to go
before Maverick so keep submitting photos!

http://soundcloud.com/groups/ubuntu-free-culture-showcase
has 7 new tracks. This is the first time we've done sound :-) I encourage
community members to submit their tracks, the more the merrier :-)

http://ubuntu-artists.deviantart.com/gallery/25667683
has 4 illustration submissions. Here's the chance to show off your vectors.

http://vimeo.com/groups/ubuntufreecultureshowcase/videos
has 2 video submissions. Goce's video was the first and originated from this
list - I'm happy he agreed to my suggestion to add it to the vimeo group -
the new HD version  is even better!

The video category is probably the most "open" of all. There are no rules, no
expectations other than greatness :-) Show us what you can do.

Any questions/problems can be easily answered/solved. Just ask :-)

--
Kenneth