[ubuntu-art] Humanity for Quadrapassel

Mark Curtis merkinman at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 03:40:41 GMT 2010

> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:24:31 -0800
> From: euxneks at gmail.com
> To: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Humanity for Quadrapassel

> Ah, Also found it browseable online...
>
> In any case, relevant code for those who are interested:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-games/tree/quadrapassel/renderer.cpp#n103
>
> basically, the renderer is hard coding the look and feel in terms of
> cairo objects. You won't be able to style them with external SVG
> unless someone writes a styling engine. At least, that's what it looks
> like to me. :)
>
> Next step would be to talk to the gnome-game maintainers to see if
> they want to enable skinning of cairo game objects in their code, or,
> at least, in quadrapassel, but I would assume that skinning on all
> apps would be a more useful and interesting endeavour.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -Chris
>
> --
Holy Crap I thought that was it when I saw it, but I just wish it
weren't! I emailed who I think are the maintainers about it.  I would
think they'd want to rewrite it for theming since currently it says "the
following garbage is derived from the official tango style guide". So
basically they're calling that part of the code garbage