[ubuntu-art] New Wave Plasma

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:43:16 GMT 2010

В 14:38 -0500 на 06.01.2010 (ср), Saleel Velankar написа:
> I am so glad you responded! Some things have progressed since that
> first email.
>
> I have published that first crude version of the theme on kde look
> under the name
> "Wave"?(http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=117892)
> I have also gone ahead and published the color scheme for kde4 so that
> the colors fit nicely together.
> (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Wave?content=117875)

That's good.

> Since then I have realized that some of the documentation is
> incomplete for plasma theming, on kde base, and have moved my base
> theme which was perfection to the default air for it to be more
> complete. This has increased the amount of parts that need to be
> themed.

About that tabs you have shown - they are good but try to make the
images of the selected one a bit transparent so that it merges better
with it's surroundings. It would also be good to not use so strong
borders at the edges. Maybe if it looked as if it is inside the outer
border for the other tabs would be better.

> If you were to design a clock for newwave, what would it look like?
> what about notes?

I attach two svg with example design. What do you  Would they be of any
good to you?

I have to say that I don't know anything about KDE so I can't help with
the themeing there.

Anton Kerezov
http://ankere.wordpress.com/