[ubuntu-art] humanity panel icons

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 23 07:48:14 GMT 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 12:46:17 am Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> There are 80 apps in main and universe that put icons in the panel.
> We are looking into defining exactly which icons are used and how
> they need to be treated. My first attempt will be to use imagemagick
> to re-color these icons monochrome (with slight use of color for some
> icons).

We'll still be doing most of the work by hand, but UDS offered something better
for the future ;)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SymbolicIcons

I doubt this would land in Lucid, it is something that would be really cool to
have for +1. It needs work on rsvg in addition to the actual
definition/creation of the icon theme, adding it to the xdg spec, etc.

--
Ken