[ubuntu-art] Karmic backgrounds

Mads Rosendahl madsrh at gmail.com
Wed May 27 19:59:53 BST 2009

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Mads Rosendahl <madsrh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Besides the 11 photo wallpapers I've added to
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds#MadsRH's<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds#MadsRH%27s>
>> Photo Collection
>>
>> I've just added an abstract background
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic/Backgrounds#MadsRH
>> wallpapers
>>

>> Not sure about the color. I will try to make an .SVG file so the user
>> can change the color.
>>

>> Best regards
>> Mads Rosendahl (MadsRH)
>>
>> http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com
>> www.behance.net/madsrh123
>>
>> --
>>

> I don't like the logo, it not only shouldn't be used (Ubuntu doesn't like
> branding) but also looks too rough for me (though, from a stylistic
> standpoint, this would probably go great with what Ubuntu Studio has going
> on for wallpapers).
>
> Smartboy

Thanks for the feedback Smartboy. I'm very well aware of the branding
guidelines, but there's two reasons I added the logo anyway.
1. The logo is drawn abstract, so it isn't as obvious as if I added
the original logo (like some people do). Perhaps the logo should be
drawn even more disguised?
2. This is a submission for the extra backgrounds package in karmic,
not for the default wallpaper.

Cheers,