[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Additions to "Categories"

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 26 19:14:52 GMT 2009

Ryan Prior wrote:
> 2009/3/26 Chris Tooley <euxneks at gmail.com>
>
>> I like how Apple handles their windows logo. It's reminiscent of Windows
>> without infringing on their copyright or trademarks. For example, I copied
>> it to use for a VirtualMachine link on my desktop:
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Boot+Camp+Logo+SVG?content=56439
>>
>> Obviously it's not that popular ;) but I thought maybe this could be an
>> idea starter.. :)
>
> That inspired me to make this. It is not yet in the style of Breathe, but it
> is already better than the Wine icon IMO.

Generally, I like it, but this is where my "upstream branding" worries
come into play.

Ok. I'll make a command decision here and say the icon for this *must*
be a wine glass similar to the one upstream WINE ships. Regardless of
what people think the transparent glass (it could always have some white
tint to it or something) will look like on darker menus.

-Cory K.