[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] Notes/Reminders to artists

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 26 18:11:52 GMT 2009

Now that we have a few more people doing submissions I thought I'd take
this time to give a few notes on some things I've seen and to keep in mind.

    * Please remove the "Instructions" and "Palette" layers from
      submissions. This saves filesize.
    * "Vacuum Defs" is very important. (File>Vacuum Defs) It will remove
      alot of cruft that will also save on filesize. I had one today
      that went from 1.2MB>234KB
    * Make sure you *don't* delete the "plate" layer. This happens from
      time to time and the layer is very important to rendering the icons.
    * Align your icons in the same spot over each plate size. Some
      submissions have 1 icon on the far fight then another size on the
      right or center.
    * *Don't* add additional metadata to the files. Naming objects and
      such. I have 1 icon giving issue atm because of this. Only change
      the layer name according to the path/name the icon should be.
    * Before submitting please make sure things are on their proper
      layers and the "plate" layer is hidden. In the end, you should
      only have 2 layers.

That's about it. :)

I'll be doing a major cleanup on the Submissions page soon and uploading
6 or so icons to BZR today.

Have fun!

-Cory K.