No subject

Thu Jul 23 19:07:19 BST 2009

both agreed that the pace of icon creation and acceptance has been a bit<br=

hurried and we think stylistic consistency has been a bit compromised.<br>
So, with that in mind we will be freezing Breathe from new icons (with<br>
the exception of the base mime) for an undetermined amount of time.<br>
Really as long as it takes to review and revise what we currently have.<br>
The major part of the review will be palette and style consistency. As<br>
well as thematic strength. (basically how well does the icon communicate<br=

what it&#39;s use is?)<br>
Daniel has done some very nice work on pulling the palette in line but<br>
Sebastien and I share some saturation concerns. Independent reviews<br>
outside of Ubuntu are have expressed similar concerns. I will be putting<br=

up a package with Daniel&#39;s edits for testing this weekend.<br>
This review will be a dead honest one. Very few icons will be safe. None<br=

of it will be personal. We just need to take a hard look at what we have<br=

before we move on.<br>
The conclusion of this review (meaning debate and subsequent work) will<br>
be our next release.<br>
Ok. Next. I&#39;m looking for a wiki maintainer. Someone who follows when<b=
r>
new icons are added to BZR and does all the proper linking for them to<br>
show on the wiki. This position will require someone who is willing to<br>
stay on top of this. It will also require some minimal training. An<br>
addition, if this person is already good with MoinMoin and can really<br>
spruce up our current pages that will be a big plus.<br>
Note that this is not an invite for anyone to just start editing. ;) I<br>
want to assign someone the task. Preferably someone not already involved<br=

with Breathe.<br>
Hmm... That wasn&#39;t too bad. :)<br>
-Cory K.<br>
--<br>