[ubuntu-art] Breathe PPA

Andrew SB a.starr.b at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:45:12 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Kenneth Wimer<kwwii at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 June 2009 22:40:22 Cory K. wrote:
>> Kenneth Wimer wrote:

>> > You need to at least continue the copyright that Jakub expresses for the
>> > purposes he expressed it (ie, don't remove any of the copyright notices
>> > which attribute his work to him).
>>
>> I don't use any direct work from him. Only the idea. We should give him
>> a shout out anyway.
>
> To be honest, unless you have plans to make big bucks on this stuff I would
> assign copyright as broadly as needed amongst known open source
> advocates/artists. As long as the original material is in line with your
> licensing, why not? (if some part of their work did indeed make it into
> yours)
>
>> Any metadata in the SVGs I added because I thought it would be fun to
>> use. Turns out, nobody cared.
>
> Lol, no doubt. It only adds value as an additional copyright notice for the
> actual author(s). In the end, you can do this via the AUTHORS file as well
> as the COPYRIGHT, etc.

Getting all the licensing / copyright in order can be a bit tedious,
but not having it right is the main reason why packages get rejected
in NEW. Getting everything straightened out for gnome-colors was a
real hassle, as the icons in that set come from a few different
sources.

I fixed the metadata in the svg's. As they all use the same template
it was painless. For the record here is the command I ran:

find . -type f -name *.svg | xargs sed -i -e "s/by-nc-sa/by-sa/g"