[ubuntu-art] Anime Ubuntu

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Jan 28 13:17:41 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 08:01 -0500, Saleel Velankar wrote:
> Its an intriguing idea. I am unsure as to how you could convey an anime
> theme. I think for something totally out-there like this, you will be
> forced to use the pixmap engine. Some ideas:
>
> -The buttons could resemble speech bubbles like in the comics/manga.
>     -errors could have the eardrop that anime characters get when
> conveying embarrassment.
>     -warnings could be the jagged bubbles, suggesting the computer is
> angry at you.
> -The drop down menus could be scrolls and such like.

To not end up with something overbearing, I would concentrate on the
wallpaper first. If you also want custom widgets, I would suggest to not
draw them as something-else-in-place of the common widgets, but rather
anime-style renditions of the widgets. How would a mangaka draw the
them?

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: