[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Wallpaper Photo Pack

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 16 12:09:48 BST 2009

On Sunday 12 April 2009 20:49:33 Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 19:19 +0200, Mads Rosendahl wrote:
> > Anyway... The last one is the one I actually want to talk about; "No
> > photography, unless heavily edited, stylized. No pictures of
> > recognizable people/places/popular items". I would love to see this
> > included in Ubuntu. I've actually been using some of the Vista photos
> > on my Intrepid desktop (don't tell anyone!) and loved the absence of
> > abstract brown imagery. That's why I've created the "Ubuntu Wallpaper
> > Photo Pack"
>
> No people, places, items ... plants are pretty safe ;)

One thing to note that the information I gave was only intended for the
default wallpaper of Jaunty. As for the mascot, I purposely added "prove me
wrong" in order to entice whose who felt strongly about it to step up and
create something which would convince us otherwise :)

Anyway, I think that having a pack of really nice wallpapers is a great idea.
Let's create different categories and then collect submissions. Once we have a
bundle we can go through them and pick out the best. Other ideas?

--
Ken