[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Wallpaper Photo Pack

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Apr 12 19:49:33 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 19:19 +0200, Mads Rosendahl wrote:

> Anyway... The last one is the one I actually want to talk about; "No
> photography, unless heavily edited, stylized. No pictures of
> recognizable people/places/popular items". I would love to see this
> included in Ubuntu. I've actually been using some of the Vista photos
> on my Intrepid desktop (don't tell anyone!) and loved the absence of
> abstract brown imagery. That's why I've created the "Ubuntu Wallpaper
> Photo Pack"

No people, places, items ... plants are pretty safe ;)

> You can download the files here (22 MB):
> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/175241/wanted/Ubuntu_wallpaper_photo_pack.tar.gz
>
> Creative Commons License! Ubuntu wallpaper photo pack is licensed
> under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States
> License.

Thank you for sharing these, there are a few great shots among them!

Personally, I wouldn't rule out photos like these as wallpapers for
Ubuntu. An abstract piece is hardly ever going to say Life and Sunshine
like that ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: